This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for www.knedwardsco.com. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website, Woocommerce on WordPress. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
- Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
- We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
- We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to fulfilling an order.
SECTION 1 – YOUR ACCESS AND CONTROL OVER INFORMATION
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
- We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
- Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
- While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline.
- Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
SECTION 2 – REGISTRATION
In order to use this website, the user may complete the registration form. During registration the user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information may be used to contact you about the products/services on our site in which you have expressed interest.
SECTION 3 – PAYMENT DATA
Our payment processors include Square and PayPal. K.N. Edwards Company, LLC receives no credit card or banking data. All financial information is screened solely through those companies.
For more information about Square’s policies, click here.
For more information about PayPal’s policies, click here.
By default WordPress does not share any personal data with anyone.
SECTION 4 – ORDERS
We request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, or are updating you about an order, we’ll use this information to contact you.
SECTION 5 – DATA RETENTION
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
- Inactive Accounts are kept for 1 full year. Inactive Accounts are those who have not logged in or placed an order during this period. The account will be deleted and all orders in our database will show as a Guest Order.
- Failed or Pending Orders will be kept for one day. If an item is left in the shopping cart and not purchased, after this time, it will deleted from the cart.
- Cancelled Orders will be kept for 7 days. After this duration, they will be deleted from the database.
- Completed Orders will be kept for 3 months. After this duration, all personal data within the order will be anonymized.
SECTION 6 – ANALYTICS
This site uses a Google Analytics package to show usage. Google Analytics may track world location, type of internet browser, time of day, ect. to use in their report to help us better understand our customers’ needs.
By default WordPress does not collect any analytics data. However, many web hosting accounts collect some anonymous analytics data.
SECTION 7 – COMMENTS
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
SECTION 8 – MEDIA
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
SECTION 9 – LINKS
This website may occasionally link to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
SECTION 10 – COOKIES
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
SECTION 11 – EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER SITES
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
SECTION 12 – MAILCHIMP NEWSLETTERS
A. INFORMATION MAILCHIMP MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
The Personal Information that MailChimp may collect or receive about you broadly falls into the following categories:
(i) Information they receive about Contacts from our company: we may provide Personal Information about you to MailChimp. For example, when a we upload our Distribution List or integrate the Services with another website or service (for example, when we choose to connect our e-commerce account with MailChimp), or when you sign up for our Distribution List on a MailChimp signup form, we may provide them with certain contact information or other Personal Information about you such as your name, email address, address or telephone number. You may have the opportunity to update some of this information by electing to update or manage your preferences via an email you receive from us.
Device information: They collect information about the device and applications you use to access emails sent through our Services, such as your IP address, your operating system, your browser ID, and other information about your system and connection.
Product usage data: They collect usage data about you whenever you interact with emails sent through the Services, which may include dates and times you access emails and your browsing activities (such as what pages are viewed). They also collect information regarding the performance of the Services, including metrics related to the deliverability of emails and other electronic communications we send through the Services. This information allows them to improve the content and operation of the Services, and facilitate research and analysis of the Services.
(iii) Information they collect from other sources: From time to time, they may obtain information about you from third-party sources, such as social media platforms and third-party data providers. They take steps to ensure that such third parties are legally or contractually permitted to disclose such information to them, and they use this information to provide publicly available social media information about you to our company who have enabled the “Social Profiles” feature in their MailChimp accounts.
B. Use of Personal Information
MailChimp may use the Personal Information they collect or receive about you for their legitimate business interests, including:
- To protect the rights and safety of their Members and third parties, as well as their own.
- To meet legal requirements, including complying with court orders, valid discovery requests, valid subpoenas, and other appropriate legal mechanisms.
- To provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- To prosecute and defend a court, arbitration, or similar legal proceeding.
- To respond to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
- To provide, support and improve the Services. For example, this may include sharing your information with third parties in order to provide and support our Services or to make certain features of the Services available to their Members.
- For their data analytics projects. Their data analytics projects use data from MailChimp accounts, including your Personal Information, to provide and improve the Services. They use information, like your purchase history, provided to them by Members, so they can make more informed predictions, decisions, and products for their Members. For example, they use data from MailChimp accounts to enable product recommendation, audience segmentation, and predicted demographics features for their Members. If you prefer not to share this data, you can opt out of data analytics projects at any time by emailing them at email@example.com.
- Other purposes. To carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes.
C. Cookies and Tracking Technologies
MailChimp and their partners may use various technologies to collect and store information when you interact with our company’s email campaign or connected store, and this may include using cookies and similar tracking technologies, such as pixels and web beacons. For example, they use web beacons in the emails they send on behalf of their Members. When you receive and engage with our campaign, web beacons track certain behavior such as whether the email sent through the MailChimp platform was delivered and opened and whether links within the email were clicked. The cookies also allow them to collect information such as your IP address, browser, email client type, and other similar details. They use this information to measure the performance of their Members’ email campaigns, and to provide analytics information and enhance the effectiveness of the Services.
D. Legal Basis for Processing
MailChimp processes Personal Information about you as a data controller as described in this section, where such processing is in their legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Their legitimate interests typically include: improving, maintaining, providing, and enhancing their technology, products and services; and ensuring the security of the Services and their Website.
E. Other Data Protection Rights
You may have the following data protection rights:
- To access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Information. MailChimp takes reasonable steps to ensure that the data they collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and up to date. You may contact them directly at any time about accessing, correcting, updating or deleting your Personal Information, or altering your data, by emailing them at firstname.lastname@example.org. They will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws.
- In addition, if you are a resident of the EEA, you can object to processing of your Personal Information, ask them to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information. Again, you can exercise these rights by emailing them at email@example.com.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about their collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
As described above, for much of the Personal Information they collect and process about Contacts through the Services, they act as a processor on behalf of their Members. In such cases, if you are a Contact and want to exercise any data protection rights that may be available to you under applicable law or have questions or concerns about how your Personal Information is handled by MailChimp as a processor on behalf of their individual Members, you should contact K.N. Edwards Company, LLC and refer to our separate privacy policies.
If you no longer want to be contacted by K.N. Edwards Company, LLC through MailChimp Services, please unsubscribe directly from our newsletter or contact us directly to update or delete your data. If you contact us directly, we may remove or update your information within a reasonable time. Requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.